Wednesday 24 July 2013

Travelling in Delhi Metro (Ladies Compartment Only!)


For someone who doesn't know how to drive (nicest way of putting I don't have a car :p ), hates haggling with the auto drivers, and someone who got tired of bus travel, Delhi metro has been a saviour. It's something that allows you to commute without interacting with a single soul. It comes and opens its doors, lets you in, and zooms you away to your destination. Once you enter the metro (the ladies compartment, LC), it's a different world altogether! There's the *Fashionista (without any guessing they are the NE girls ;) ) *Wannabes *Not so fashionables *Women with dhinchak saree *Stinky ones *Bitchy one (I just know they are bitching about me even though I have my ear plugs on...woman's instinct!) *Smartphones (no need to go to any store to check out the latest phones...every brand, every design can be found in the LC). It's like some commercial is going on! Is it without any drama in the LC? No...you can see all kinds of drama there... It's a big theatre...most of the lady commuters are in a hurry, especially the aunties! God forbid the younger sophisticated wannabe ladies should be found jostling... Some of the ladies would be jostling to find space to place their bum on tightly packed seats. (I had rather stand in a corner than compete with the bums, big bums, small bums, tiny bums, fat bums, and burn some calorie in the process!) And for the guys, the ladies compartment is a fascination for them. There are some who risk their life plus being fined just to whiz through the ladies compartment! There are some who stand just next to the LC. I am sure placing just their toe in the LC must make them high! Their heads would "obviously" be turned towards the LC...God and only they would know what goes on in their head... This is one of those times where I wish I had power like Sridevi in Nagin...One stare is all I need!
Travelling in Delhi Metro is no doubt a very entertaining ride for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment